Cranberry Rosemary Cocktail
‘Tis the season to make a toast with this Cranberry Rosemary Cocktail. The festive flavors in this quick and easy drink are great on their own and are also a perfect pairing for any type of snack.
I truly didn’t know it at the time I was first developing it, but my gin rosemary cocktail has become one of my go-to drinks, pretty much all year ’round. And it turns out that quite a few of you like it, too!
In the spirit of making spirits bright, today I’m sharing a cocktail that is perfect for the holiday season, but can be enjoyed any time of the year, really.
This Cranberry Rosemary Cocktail comes together lighting quick, with just a few ingredients. Make one or two, or stir up a big pitcher of it! If you’re having a party, don’t forget the shrimp deviled eggs and phyllo cup appetizers!
This cranberry rosemary cocktail starts with homemade rosemary simple syrup.
Please click over to my post for rosemary simple syrup and make that recipe before you begin to make your cranberry rosemary cocktail. Or, if you can find store bought rosemary simple syrup near you, go ahead and buy it!
But if you’re making homemade syrup for this Christmas cranberry cocktail, it will take you just 15 minutes to make, and 10 of those minutes are allowing the syrup to stand at room temperature. So yeah, it’s pretty easy.
The simple syrup will keep fresh in your fridge for at least 5 days, so you can enjoy a few rounds of rosemary cranberry cocktails throughout the week (or even stir the syrup into honey lemonade or agave lemonade for an alcohol free refresher).
The ingredients for this Christmas cranberry cocktail are simple:
- vodka – use a good quality unflavored vodka for this cranberry rosemary cocktail. I like Valentine Vodka made here in my home town of Ferndale, MI, or Tito’s, which is a national brand. This is also what I use in my jello shot recipe Halloween and my basil cocktail!
- cranberry juice – try to find a high-quality juice that is 100% cranberry juice (not cranberry juice cocktail).
- rosemary simple syrup – linked to in the section above and the recipe card below, my recipe for this easy homemade cocktail syrup takes just about 15 minutes to make, and can be made and refrigerated in advance. Especially a great idea when you have leftover rosemary after making my simple salmon recipe or mini Hasselback potatoes.
- ice – crucial for this cranberry rosemary cocktail, obviously.
- rosemary sprigs, lime wedges and fresh cranberries, for garnish – these are optional but make it oh so pretty. Leftover fresh cranberries can be used to make a cranberry tart pie or cranberry coffee cake.
How to make a rosemary cranberry cocktail:
1. ICE + SYRUP. Fill a double old fashioned glass with ice and pour in the rosemary simple syrup.
2. JUICE. Add the cranberry juice.
3. VODKA. Add the vodka.
4. STIR + GARNISH. Give it a really good stir until everything is well combined. Serve garnished with rosemary sprig, lime wedge and/or fresh cranberries, if desired.
It’s super easy to make this as a large batch cocktail:
Having a big gathering and want to make this Christmas cranberry cocktail in a pitcher? Let’s do it! For a pitcher that will serve 8, the measurements are:
- 2 cups vodka
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup rosemary simple syrup
Stir everything together in a big pitcher, and then simply pour over ice in glasses to serve!
More ideas for rosemary infused simple syrup cocktails:
- BOURBON – My bourbon lemon rosemary cocktail is an herby twist on a classic bourbon sour cocktail. It uses the same homemade rosemary simple syrup. Bourbon lovers will also enjoy my whiskey mule recipe!
- GIN – The rosemary gin cocktail I linked to up in the first sentence of this post is a refreshing blend of fresh orange juice, gin, tonic water and rosemary simple syrup.
- A DIFFERENT VODKA IDEA – My grapefruit vodka cocktail with rosemary is a fizzy and refreshing drink that pairs perfectly with food.
Tasty snacks to serve with a cranberry rosemary cocktail:
You can never go wrong with melted cheese and bread, so my savory baked brie is always a crowd pleaser. The cheese is topped with basil pesto and roasted garlic, and it’s the stuff dreams are made of to munch on with this cranberry rosemary cocktail recipe.
My Greek chicken meatballs and turkey meatball recipe air fryer can be served as either main dishes or a party snacks, and they’re great with this Christmas cranberry cocktail. Don’t forget to make the yogurt dipping sauces – my favorite part!
My prosciutto sandwich recipe has an herby mayo that echos the rosemary flavor in this drink.
- 4 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Rosemary sprig, lime wedge and/or fresh cranberries, for garnish (optional)
- Fill double old fashioned glass with ice. Add juice, vodka and simple syrup and stir until well combined. Serve garnished with rosemary sprig, lime wedge and/or fresh cranberries, if desired.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 0g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.